Saturday, July 21, 2007

Randomness

Today, I have no rants. I have no new crafty things. I am simply up two hours before I wanted to be so I would be available when the air conditioning service people come. Apparently, if you don't get the aircon serviced, dust and water built up, then the water starts gushing from the unit and you no longer have any a/c. Not a desirable outcome by any stretch of the imagination in Singapore.

However, last night, when I could have slept on the couch, as their father is gone again to spend the night with his girlfriend (I didn't wash the dishes immediately after dinner - shh!), I decided on my eensy weensy little non-air conditioned space because I am now sick. Not sure with what yet, not sure how bad, but I've felt this feeling in my throat way too many times not to know when I'm sick. So, breakfast will consist of tea with honey and hot cereal.

I've been spending much of my spare time job hunting, a task for which I have no special affection. As I have little experience (education, one year as a legal assistant) and an advanced degree, I am over-qualified for the positions for which I have experience, and under-experienced for the positions for which I am qualified. So far, I've simply been looking into whatever I can get. Job hunting = lame.

No comments: