Sunday, July 15, 2007

Now for the book

Harry Potter 5 was quite satisfying. There were good effects, good performances, a tight storyline, and cool outfits. All in all, a very good adaptation of a book that is more than a couple of inches wide. The plot moved very quickly, I felt as though I barely had time to catch my breath before the next event was taking place, but all of the important elements were present in the movie. I very much enjoyed this adaptation, although the director would have done well to make a special extended edition in the same vein as Lord of the Rings, although I have no idea if that would have been approved by the producers.

Now for the book!

I'm adding some new stuff to my etsy shop. Currently, I only have some crocheted glove things. I'm working on some embroidered brooches in a storybook theme and then the new Seven Wonders theme, which should be available in the coming weeks. I will definitely post pictures. :) I'm trying to go for a Victorian kitsch sort of theme overall in my shop. I've always loved the really over the top Victorian lace styles, so I thought it would be neat to combine that with embroidery. We'll see how it all turns out. Any suggestions for my storybook theme? I am starting with the Velveteen Rabbit, and will probably also include fairy tale characters as well.

No comments: