Friday, July 13, 2007

Hogwarts, here I come!

The last few days, I've been rather upset and unhappy with my situation in Singapore. As I expected, the experience of living with a man I don't know while attempting to take care of his two children to his ex-wife's expectations is rather - challenging.

But, I have slogged through what will probably be the toughest part (this is what I hope) through the support of my loving friends and family, and I will persevere. It also helps/doesn't help that I really can't wait to go home, go to the Seattle Opera House, eat at the Spaghetti Factory, go to the Imax, basically, do everything that I haven't done in ages since I moved away to college in 2001.* It's time to go home. So, I'm homesick, which is both good and bad, depending.

The last thing that's got my spirits buoyed recently is that I'm seeing Harry Potter 5 tomorrow. yay! Can't wait. AND, especially can't wait for the last book. I don't want to buy the expensive hardcover though. I'm working on how I'm going to get to reading that.

I also really need to get a job. I have plenty of loans to work on, plus I need a new laptop. Mine was on sale when I bought it because it was already going out of "fashion" technologically speaking. Now, the light in the screen constantly poops out and now my space bar is stuck. Which is making is beyond annoying to type this blog post, but I refuse to give in to self pity over a sicky space bar. Hopefully I'll have enough by next fall when I go back to school and back into deferment status on my loans. Good plan all around. :)

*I don't care that Ellensburg was only an hour and a half away from Seattle (barring trouble on Snoqualmie, which was rather frequent during winter). The Burg FELT like a different world, regardless of how close it may have actually been.

2 comments:

Cabiria said...

Hang in there! Harry Potter is definitely a good thing to take your mind off the living situation. And deferment is absolutely the best of all worlds. I may stay in school for the rest of my life for that very reason.

Rachel said...

thanks. :) I just had a long chat with my employer, and I *completely* understand now why she divorced him. It's hard to say when something's just not working, especially since he's such a good manipulator (he keeps trying to make me feel it's MY fault things are difficult), but she had the guts to do it. I'm just glad I can recognize that kind of garbage guilt-tripping when I see it now. I will consider this a "character-building experience." :) Deferment is the best idea ever. ;)