Thursday, January 24, 2008

Purchasing


I have always thought purchasing was so much more of a prepossessing word than buying. Buying has a certain crass connotation to it; whereas purchasing sounds very professional and high in the in-step. This, of course, gives it a certain comic quality as well.

Tomorrow is payday, and it's my payday after working a 52.5hour week and a 54 hour week, so I am looking forward to it. I have already spent every bit of it, though, which is unfortunate, but it's exciting to consider my purchases.

The first is this camera, a Canon EOS 30D for my brother. He is an aspiring photographer, and he currently only has a powershot. Powershot does NOT equal aspiring photographer. So, he's getting a new camera.

The second is for me, I'm getting a bamboo silverware tray and a brushed stainless steel spice carousel. I have been living in my new apartment for going on three months, and haven't yet purchased a silverware tray. Since I hate plastic with a passion, I ended up choosing bamboo and steel, which are, after all, much more attractive anyway. Probably more durable too, since it seems anything made of plastic has shoddy construction.

And thus ends the purchases, because I have to pay rent and pay my mom back for being so generous when my pay didn't quite stretch. But it's certainly been fun shopping!

No comments: