Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

Today is my birthday. yay! Of course, I still had to wake up early and go to work all day, but it's still my birthday. I didn't really do anything fun except talk to my brother and cousin, but I went to the symphony with the coolest artist in the world on Friday night, and I'm going somewhere with my mom this weekend. So, birthday celebrations will be had. Tonight I also had a baguette and some cheese. It was good.

My job continues to be slightly mind-numbing. We had my first review today, and I was told that they thought it was a good idea to get me up to speed - but slowly. So, I'm still stuck filing dozens of old items that previous secretaries dreaded doing to the extent that there is plenty from way back to 2002 lying about. Hey, at least it's something... I still haven't seen hide nor hair of the IRS stuff I was supposed to be starting on. But, it's a good job, I'm getting paid well, and I'll be able to move to Seattle by November 1. Life is good!

8 comments:

Eggman Studios said...

A tad late in posting due to craziness at work (seriously. Why am I always the one who gets asked to work overtime?) but HAPPY BIRTHDAY (again)! :)

The symphony so rocked. I'm STILL talking about it. And the crazy angry red cloak falling lady. I also dug out the ol' oboe the other day and...wow. I really suck. No I REALLY suck. I had to actually get out the finger chart to relearn 75% of the note fingerings. And reading music is suddenlly a lot tougher than I remember it being. But, I'm hoping that with a little practice every night, I'll get back up to par to at least try and wallow my way through some wind ensemble easy crap. I'd really like to get back into it. Sigh.

And yay for cheese and bread! :)

Dolce Vita said...

Happy birthday! And cheers to your birthday celebrations!

Rachel said...

it's definitely easy. I was playing tonight and my chops gave out and I wanted to smack myself. Clearly, taking three years off hasn't done me any good. :) and thanks! I love that tray, I showed it off to the woman at Penney's when I bought my horrid track suit (don't ask, it's too embarrassing). And my card is awesome too. :)

Rachel said...

thanks, V! I think I'll go antiquing with my mom and grandma on Sunday and go out to eat at an Italian restaurant - real italians run it - the food is incredible, and the staff are just barely on the other side of rude. :) It'll be great.

another kind of nerd said...

Happy birthday, lady!

Cabiria said...

Happy (belated) birthday!!

Rachel said...

thanks! the real celebrating will occur this weekend when someone else will be paying for my meal out. :)

Austin C. Parks said...

I know this is late, but Happy B-Day Week. I've come, in my old age, to celebrate what I call the "birthday week." I know it doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense, but I am encouraging everyone to adopt it as a celebratory practice.