Friday, September 07, 2007

Kayaking in Liberty Bay


My uncle P. told mom and I at our barbeque on Saturday about a kayak rental place in P-bo that he and my aunt used to rent kayaks from and go tooling around Liberty Bay. So, mom and I made plans today to go kayaking, and it was a blast! It's not too expensive, either, so it was easy on the pocketbook and hard on the shoulder muscles, exactly what we were looking for. :) It's absolutely wonderful to be back home in Kitsap. I love this place more than anywhere else in the world, and that includes Vienna. So, that's a lot.


Today was my phone interview for the legal assistant position in Seattle. It went well, so I'm heading in for another interview on Monday morning. After that, there will be another final interview, if I pass muster, with the lawyer that I will actually be assisting. This will be a total of four interviews, but all that I'm concerned about is making a good impression and getting a good job. This particular job has benefits. Benefits! I'll be able to go to the dentist... most exciting. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Karlyn said...

I totally agree! There is no place like the Puget Sound and surrounding areas. I include the Oregon Coast in this too =) Did you see any harbor seals while kayaking? We went kayaking there a few years and my sister flipped her kayak. She swears it was the harbor seals.

Rachel said...

yup, we saw the harbor seals. We were in a two man kayak, and it was super stable. Which I appreciate immensely, since I don't want to have to test my terrible swimming skills in the Sound. :) I found my pics of the Oregon Coast from last year, and I agree - it compares quite favorably with the Sound. Love it, love it!!