Sunday, September 16, 2007

Montana madness

For the past week, I've been in Montana (taking the long route through eastern Oregon and southern Idaho) and it's been so much fun. I'll be posting pictures soon enough, but there were so many amazing places I went on this trip. I assume that I'll be working nonstop from now until I don't know when, so this was sort of my last fun trip without worrying about finances, rent, or really anything else, thanks to my mom.

So far, I've visited:
  • Union Historical Hotel - along with the Model T's and Model A's in front
  • Craters of the Moon National Monument
  • Virginia City, Nevada City, and Bannack ghost towns - LOVED the picture taking opportunities
  • Yellowstone National Park - we only got to go through part of the lower loop, but that includes Old Faithful and the bubbling paintpots
  • Lewis & Clark Caverns
  • Gates of the Mountains - where the Missouri River meets the Rocky Mountains
  • Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Heritage Site
  • Great Falls nightlife
One of the best things about visiting places with my mom is that she's super active for a American, so we can do lots of things we couldn't if she weren't so into going interesting places.

Of course, I went with my Aunt T (who is a whole two years older than me) on the last bulleted outing. I kid you not - one place we went had a large portrait of John Wayne on the wall, along with line dancers and a mechanical bull. You don't get much more Montana than that.

No comments: