Monday, August 13, 2007

Purgatory

I must have died and gone to purgatory sometime between when I came back home and arrived here in Singapore, because if this isn't purification through fire, I don't know what is.

On the weekend, the boys watched at least seven hours of TV each day. They also played gameboy, and didn't get any real physical exercise. They were bored, sniping at each other, and all around miserable. Then they went to bed late last night.

Today, we started back up on our routine of long division, then bookwork. They especially need this because they have serious concentration problems. Which is why seven hours of TV each day is NOT helpful.

I already have a headache. I'm quite certain it will get worse. I've never looked more forward to working out each day than I have here in Singapore. It's amazing how much frustration and aggression one can release each day through exercise. Unfortunately, the tension is an every day sort of thing, so, I work out every day. My body will thank me, even if my poor mind feels like this is some sort of extended form of torture.

Addendum (9pm) - My headache went away after my workout. But I did end up crying from frustration after their father snapped at us about leaving the lights on. Of course, that's not that surprising since I cry when I'm sad, angry, hurt, upset, happy, tired, whatever. But it will be SO good to finally come home.

No comments: