Monday, August 20, 2007

Music Lists

Music I want to buy when I have the money: I say 'buy' because I feel guilty about the amount of music on my computer for which I have no/never had a receipt. In my defense, I didn't 'liberate' it through file-sharing (although I think I might have a few old napster songs on here, from back before napster went all legit). Anyway, I feel better if I actually pay for things. :) Even if the bulk of the moolah does go to Sony, Corp.
  • More Led Zeppelin
  • More Green Day
  • Justin Timberlake - I feel ambivalent about this because N'Sync was SO stupid, but his stuff as a solo artist is pretty good, I think
  • Joni Mitchell
  • Bob Dylan - especially the early acoustic stuff
  • Jane Monheit
Music I think you should check out:
  • Kate Nash - I recommend Merry Happy and Foundations. My favorite line from Merry Happy: "chatting with you on the phone, I won't regret those hours, because you can grow flowers, where dirt used to be." Brilliant!
  • Plain White T's - Delilah is cool. Me likee.
  • Birth of the Cool - I know it's an oldie, but it's classic, and if you were ever in a jazz band, Miles Davis will blow your mind.
  • Jane Monheit - especially 'I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good' - fantastic!
  • Falco - I know everyone knows Rock Me Amadeus, but he had other good stuff too
  • Existential Blues - I think by Dr. Demento, I seem to have lost my copy. Anyway, it's stupid and hilarious

No comments: