Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sick Kitty Update

The second visit cost €56. *sigh* And this does not include the health certificate checkup this Friday to get him back to the US. He has been fine, if a little bored since he went on the antibiotics. The bored part has nothing to do with the being sick part, but all the other cats moved to Canada on Saturday, so he keeps wandering around the house begging me to play with him or pay attention or anything. Last night, we played with the blue feather toy for awhile.

I also have good news to report - today I don't feel like garbage! :) Last Thursday, I missed work because I had no voice, went to work on Friday, with the help of my small pharmacy I brought with me, then came home, took Caesar to the vet and went to sleep. Saturday and Sunday was spent in an orgy of self pity and television viewing; at least five little bags of tissues gave their lives along with a roll of toilet paper and a significant amount of my facial moisturizer. Monday I missed work again, made it out of the house for my one hour of Farsi instruction, and was so wiped I came straight back home. Today I am back at work, feeling much better, although slightly annoyed that I showed up for the first lesson and didn't teach until the fourth. Because I no longer have internet at home (which made Saturday and Sunday just that much more fun!), today is also my catch-up-on-internet-activities-day. On to more witty observations about fascinating happenings in the 'heart of Europe!'

No comments: