Thursday, March 22, 2007

Sick kitty

Poor Caesar spent the better part of today vomiting all over the house. It was not fun. Not for him, clearly, and not for me as I got to clean it up. Since cats often have gastrointestinal problems, for various reasons, I didn't really pay much attention until it turned pink. Thinks only turn pink if an animal hasn't had anything to eat and is bleeding from the stomach. This is clearly bad. However, there are various reasons for this too, none of which I could take care of myself.

So, off to the vet ten minutes before they closed. Fun! That meant that the base fee would be €20 instead of €100, the after hours fee. This is definitely good. However, he needed an X-ray (nothing bad, thank goodness!), two antibiotics (which he hated), and an IV drip because he was dehydrated and had a fever. Poor baby. Poor me - the visit cost me €81,20 total. Oh, well. Only the best for my baby! Unfortunately, we travel back to the US in less than two weeks, so he better get healthy fast. He's sleeping now, which I hope will help him recover more quickly.

Tomorrow, I get to spend more money on my kitty. fun! But as long as my little friend is healthy, that's all that matters. I have great earning potential - but there's only one Caesar. :)

No comments: