Friday, March 09, 2007

Personality Type

Back in September, I took the same personality test (based on Jungian psychology, supposedly) that E. posted on recently. Then, I was apparently what's called a 'Mastermind' - which is as ridiculous as it sounds. People in my group were Adolf Hitler and a bunch of other rather unpleasant people I don't remember.

Here's a great quote from this analysis:
"It is in their abilities that Masterminds differ from the other Rationals, while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other Rationals: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will. They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population."

I just took it again, too see if it would change, and it did - apparently I'm now a Counselor Idealist. The main similarity seems to be that they're both supposedly rare except now I have the same personality type but I care about people, whereas before I didn't. Or something - different level of introversion on the main results (distinctively expressed as opposed to moderately expressed, whatever that means).

Here's a great quote from this one:
"Counselors have strong empathic abilities and can become aware of another's emotions or intentions -- good or evil -- even before that person is conscious of them. This "mind-reading" can take the form of feeling the hidden distress or illnesses of others to an extent which is difficult for other types to comprehend."

All I can say is - wow. First, Adolf Hitler, now ESP. This is stupid for a couple of reasons - I'm not a psychopathic killer attempting to take over the world and wipe out my supposed inferiors, but I'm also not some sort of emotionally charged empathic seer. It's like being switched from being Lord Voldemort to Professor Trelawney, or from Lor (Data's twin) to Troi. geez.

No comments: