Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Recap

So, my interview yesterday went well. I won't find out until the end of next week how that one went, because there's a third candidate interviewing on Monday or Tuesday. It is significantly better than what I'm doing now, though.

Today's phone interview went well, I was able to answer all questions well. The part I was worried about wasn't the phone interview - it's the oral test in German. It's actually just a conversation to see how I do with spoken German, but since my spoken German was generally limited to daily conversation, some discussions of politics, and bad jokes in Austria, I'm rather concerned about how well I'll fare. I have no doubt at all about my skill with the written portion of the job - but spoken German tests terrify me. Still, it's an entry level position with the department I'm interviewing with, so I'm hoping they're not going to be overly picky. Plus, I found a German tutor on craigslist and already contacted her.

I got contacted for a third interview yesterday afternoon as well, so I'm feeling rather pleased with myself. I was really upset and worried after finding out about losing the job I currently have, but it seems as though this situation has worked out for the best for all involved. I am certainly not going to regret moving on to a position where there is better pay, better benefits, and options for advancement.

3 comments:

another kind of nerd said...

Go get 'em, Tiger!

Cabiria said...

Good luck!

Rachel said...

thanks! I passed the German test no problem (go me!), but haven't heard anything else, more than likely because they were smart and took Thanksgiving weekend off. Still nerve-wracking...