Friday, May 25, 2007

Possible crafty bent



I will be entering my self-imposed summer exile to Singapore starting on the 24th of June. One of the side effects of this will be even more spare time than I currently have. Due to a combination of factors, one of which being that I know three people currently selling on Etsy, I am seriously considering listing some of my own little things online as well.

My style is more crocheted stuff and cross-stitch, which is usually useless for selling as the time involved can never be properly reflected in the price in a first world country. However, I realized that I could list simple things at an affordable price, mixed in with the occasional outrageous price for a handmade doily (which take MANY hours to complete). Besides, even if I don't sell much, it's such a nice outlet for a crafty bent that it's probably worth it.

I dunno. Is there a market for crocheted lace coasters? Angel ornaments? lace edgings? I already do all this stuff for fun, may as well see what else I can do with it.

I heart handmade crafts. :)

No comments: