Saturday, May 15, 2010

Weekends

I finally have weekends again. Well.... sort of, given that I still expect to be working, and I have homework. But, in theory - I have weekends. I also am very happy with my new job. Now, as soon as school is done, maybe I'll start having a life again too. :)

I am reminded today of how important it is to take time off for one's self, to do things that allow the mind to slow down, and appreciate the little things that make one remember that life is more than the endless hamster wheel.

Today, on my day off, I made about a dozen apple pocket pies and German style potato salad. And some laundry and dishes. But, no obligation to work. I still am having a hard time with that soaking in, I do believe.

I also watched a lot of TV today. Today has been a truly lovely day, and now I'm watching Iron Chef America, with the secret ingredient being cheese. I love cheese. Tomorrow, I have yoga. It's been a good day.

2 comments:

Karlyn said...

Glad to see you writing again. I will be starting up soon too. Connor and I fly out in a week! Can you believe it? It has been three long years and we are finally coming home.

Rachel said...

in a week??? AGH!!!! We have to schedule play dates, etc. :) Lily needs a new friend, methinks. ;)