Sunday, May 16, 2010

Colin Firth

I first became aware of Colin Firth after checking out Pride & Prejudice from the library. While I do dearly love me some Matthew McFadyen... no one does Mr Darcy like Colin Firth.

I saw him next in Bridget Jones' Diary, a book that had charm as a movie, but in my opinion remains a much better book than movie. Then I saw him in Love Actually, a movie I know quite well most people won't admit to liking, but I thought it was a lovely version of what it was.

Somewhere along the way, I saw The Importance of Being Earnest - a movie that I still dearly love, and not only because Oscar Wilde is brilliant.

I am currently watching What a Girl Wants. This is not, by any means, a brilliant movie, nor a brilliant script. The acting, also, is not brilliant - but for Colin Firth, who is a king among men.

I <3 Colin Firth.

No comments: