Monday, January 29, 2007

more new plans....always more plans

Yet again, I have had a brainstorm that may or may not die tomorrow. If so, that would be really sad because I just got done with writing an essay on diversity.

I am now applying to teach at community colleges. We will see how this progresses, and I'm not even sure if it's a very good idea because well.... I'm here, and they're well, they're there. And I'm not.

But anyway, they all want a different application filled out, and most of them also want you to write an essay for them. One, they wanted to know my philosophy on the community college learner-centered approach. I haven't started writing that one yet, so I'm not precisely certain what it means. Or more precisely, what it means to the human resources people who read these essays. The diversity essay was interesting. I deeply resent having to write such essays. I think diversity is absolutely necessary and community colleges fulfill an important role in educating non-traditional and minority students throughout the country because large universities don't seem to be able to handle them. But, I always feel like I sound so trite in these essays. Yuck.

Anyway, we'll see how this latest brainstorm works out. I mean, for all I know, the job I actually get this fall could be working at some corporate office in Seattle. Could be worse.... I could be living in California..... I'm applying to seven community colleges in CA - it might actually happen. God help me.

No comments: