Sunday, January 14, 2007

Jumanji and other random thoughts

Last night I ended up watching Jumanji for some inane reason - it was great practice though, because it was all in German. And I understood most of it! Go screenwriter who wrote a script children can understand.... :)

I also watched a bunch of BBC World and CNN Intl because - well, they're in English - and I now know when the Daily Show Global Edition plays on CNN! yay! So, my Saturdays at 5:30-6:00pm are now booked.

On BBC World, one of the shows was about cancer survival and such - prevention is key, really. If you don't get yourself checked frequently, especially since every single person on the planet now has massive amounts of chemical deposits in his or her skin/body merely from living and breathing on the planet, then you're being short-sighted. Also, all girls should get the HPV vaccine! I can't emphasize that enough - a girl I had in one of my courses at the UO had to miss two section meeting because she was with her sister in Portland, who had cervical cancer. This girl had cervical cancer at the age of 19. It is now known exactly what causes it, so please, if you have younger siblings, younger family members, friends of the family, any girl who has not yet become sexually active must get this vaccine.

I also watched about ten minutes of Law and Order: Criminal Intent, but the language was much too difficult. I got all the words for opening doors and sitting down, but no way do I understand the technical language they use in those shows. Keeping the positive thoughts going...

No comments: