Monday, August 14, 2006

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Globetrekkers is such an awesome show. Tonight, Megan McCormick is in the Arab Gulf states of Oman, the United Arab Emirates, and Kuwait. Some of the mosques and natural monuments are simply spectacular. I was interested in looking into Dubai before, but after seeing this show, I'm quite a bit more interested. The region is beautiful and quite modern, and I bet there's a lot of demand for English.

After teaching in Austria, I'll have enough experience to go somewhere else and teach. That would be a great way to travel while getting paid to do so, which is my goal in life. Essentially, if someone is willing to pay my expenses, I'm willing to go and check it out. In some cases, such as my experience with Myanmar, it is a mixed blessing. But I'm glad I went.

Side note - I just typed in Dubai job teaching into Google and there are quite a number of sites that popped up. Who knows? Maybe I'll go from Austria to Dubai. Maybe Takijistan after this. :)

No comments: