Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

My Memorial Day weekend began like most - I cursed my alarm clock as I awoke at 6am to get ready for work. Work was interesting, because it was Memorial Day and we had maybe quarter staffing for the holiday. I ended up with too much work, missed my ferry and had to take the next one, which made me miss my ride, but it all worked out, cause I just walked and met my ride at our destination.

Destination: Dancing Brush (or Paint, or Paintbrush, whatever it's called now) on Bainbridge Island. I decided on making a birthday giftie - a painted Green Man (Froud) on a large serving platter - and it took three hours to paint. Then, I realized I might have just enough time to do a mug I brought with me, and painted mod style poppies on it (Thanks to M. for the design inspiration!).

After that, I got food at Central Market (yum!) with M., and we watched three episodes of Flight of the Conchords, which was totally sweet. I love those guys - so hilarious. I know they hate being called British/English, but their humor vibe is totally Monty Python with music.

My evening ended with a trip to McCloud's with my friend J. to sing some karaoke. I decided to really go for it, and sing "Uninvited" by Alanis Morissette, a song I hadn't ever done before, and totally nailed it, so that's always a fun adrenaline rush.

Finally back to my apartment at 1am to go to sleep and be rested for my 12 hour day at work (today).

All in all, I'd say an excellent holiday. :)

2 comments:

ThePeachTree said...

You're a braver woman than I! I'm a frequenter of karaoke for many a year but have never had enough spit and vinegar to get up there myself! And to sing a song such as that no less!! Hats off to you :)

Rachel said...

I really love that song - I wasn't sure if I could remember it exactly, but it worked! I really like your blog, btw. :)