Sunday, February 24, 2008

Caucuses and what not


Because I'm lazy, it's taken me this long to send my picture to myself and upload it here of the madhouse that were the caucuses in Washington on Feb 9.

This is a picture of the crush of people way over to the side of the church who had already registered their support of a particular candidate. What you can't see is the line about three to four people wide still going into the church to sign up - a line which stretched around the end of the block.

The organizers apologized for not having enough space, said that the venue wasn't large enough. That was rather an understatement. I think it speaks to the amount of excitement this primary campaign has generated that many first time caucus goers made the effort and stuck around to figure out how the process works just so they could have a voice. For once.

No comments: