Friday, April 06, 2007

Washington State Ferries and Mt. Rainier


Today I went for a walk at Manchester State Park, close to my mom's house on the Manchester/Port Orchard border with my friend K.. It was, as usual, absolutely perfectly beautiful there. When it's not raining, it's the best place on earth.

Things that define the Pacific Northwest (and by PNW, I mean specifically my small corner of it: the Kitsap Peninsula) as the best place on earth:

  • the Puget Sound and attendant waterway system
  • views of Seattle when it's not raining
  • the omnipresent evergreens
  • the ubiquitous rhododendrons
  • the Mountain when "it's out" - meaning if you can see it because it's not raining
  • the variety and quanitity of good coffee shops
  • the sun when it's not raining
  • the ferries

Most of all, it's the best place on earth because it's home. :)

No comments: