Monday, November 20, 2006

Uh-huh....Great News!!

This is a fantastic idea. In fact, it's so fantastic that I think they ought to pass legislation right now! I've always been of the opinion that when a war is going poorly for a nation, the best thing to do is send more people. Interesting that it was a bi-partisan idea, though. blech.... bi-partisan support for the draft. Wonderful.

This one kind of makes me a little ill when I think about how much we had to scrape and save and/or borrow with our little stipend. It's supply and demand, I suppose - but so hypocritical to try to pay graduate students and adjuncts what they do when they are paid so much.

This one is lovely
: here's a quote, "The Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks in the United States had changed the equation, and criticism over the Indonesian military’s human rights record and the East Timor crisis in 1999 gave way to close ties." This totally reminds me of allowing nasty military dictators to do what they thought was necessary in South America simply because we were afraid of the "communist threat." Except now they're terrorists, and they can strike anywhere, anytime, anyplace. And hurt the ones you love most. So support the President! I'm with Olbermann on this one - the President is a master of terror in his own right.

No comments: