Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Louis L'Amour is the AWESOMEST

Quotes from a pretty awesome pulp Western-

Haney shrugged. "That's your funeral. From all I hear you have enemies enough without choosing any more. Also, from all I hear, you deserve them."
"What?" Reynolds eyes blazed. "Don't sass me, stranger!"

"Sure!" Ross smiled. "Box N men can die as well as any others. It was a fair shake from all I hear. All three had guns, all three did some shootin'. I haven't heard any Renolds men kickin' because it was two against one. Kind of curious, that. I'm wonderin' why all the RR men are suddenly out of town?"
"You wonder too much!" It was the man from the springs. "This is none of your deal! Keep out of it!"

"Ross," Sherry said suddenly, "you've promised to take me to the crater in the lave beds. Why not today?"
He hesitated uneasily. "That place has me buffaloed!" he said after a while. "I never go into it myself without wishing I was safely out. The way those big rocks hang over the trail scares a man. If they ever fell while we were in there, we'd never get out, never in this world!"
She smiled. "At least we'd be together!"

*ahem* Now THAT'S some durn-tootin' fine writing, there.

The romance in the last quote is almost overwhelming. Almost, but not quite.

No comments: