Friday, September 01, 2006

No job, nothing to do....

Two days to Alaska... I doubt I'll ever have such a completely wonderful few weeks as I have had and will have in the next few weeks. No work, no worries, and vacation. That, of course, will all change when I have to grow up, face the real world, and pay back my school loans.

I'm taking an online TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) course, and it's rather helpful. I decided to go with ITTT because it seemed to have a good reputation and a good price for their services. I figure, I'll have experience teaching TEFL, I might as well have the certification as well. Teaching English around the globe would be a great way to accomplish my real world goal of paying back my student loans. This course is a good option because they will help place you with a potential employer when you complete your certification.

I hate moving. I finally finished the last stage of my two week long move last night and threw out my back carrying all of my boxes around. Next time, I'll be sure to lift with my knees... But, when all is said and done, the point is that I'm moved, I'm done with Eugene (except for one day in September to get my pretty little pottery pieces), and I'm on to newer, bigger, better things.

Carpe Diem!

No comments: