Wednesday, September 03, 2008

future suicide bomber

I just read this article on msnbc... it's hard to imagine a situation in which the intelligence could be so wrong as to bomb the life out of a large wedding party.

Iraq:
Confirmed US dead: 4151
Confirmed US injured: 30,000
Estimated Iraqi dead: 1,033,000 (as of August 2007) acc to Opinion Research Business survey

Afghanistan:
Confirmed US dead: 582
Estimated Afghani dead: 2700

World Trade Center attacks: 2974

I don't think this math adds up very well.

And I think I might want to join up and fight against anyone who bombed the life out of my future spouse and entire extended family.

3 comments:

Eggman Studios said...

Jeez. That article is incredibly sad. What a horrid thing to happen. I love that the government response was "any loss of innocent life is tragic."

Um....wow.

Karlyn said...

It's maddening and with no end in sight!

Rachel said...

yeah, something like that, 15 year old with his whole life ahead of him, and we wipe it out - those are the kinds of things that ought to be on the news, not on someone's blog, you know?