Wednesday, February 07, 2007

back to the drawing board



so, I'm back where I was in October. I really don't know what's wrong with me sometimes - I always have these great ideas and then realize that that's really not where I want to go anyway.

So the drawing board - I said once that I wouldn't go back to grad school unless it was something I really felt passionate about because otherwise, the work would be complete drudgery instead of just partial drudgery. Well, I've found a grad school program that I think would only be partial drudgery. The workload has me choking slightly, but it's all really amazing stuff worth reading. So yes, I have applied to a program in Development and International Relations at Aalborg University in Denmark. We shall see how this new idea holds up.

One of the requirements for the degree program is a 3-5 month long internship with an international organization that fulfills the requirements for the coursework. I was looking at the Carter Center and the UN thinking that it would be really interesting to work on projects that would have real world importance, then I remembered the William J. Clinton Foundation and checked out their website. I was impressed with the number of offers for interns and ability to get hands on experience, then I realized that many, many jokes would be made at my expense if I were to intern there. So sad....

No comments: